Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at ComfyCozyCon. This policy applies to all attendees, guests, volunteers, and staff.
Harassment is generally defined as unwanted behavior that creates an intimidating, offensive, and/or hostile environment for the person being targeted. It can be physical or psychological. If someone tells you that your comments or behavior are unwelcome, you need to stop immediately. If that person tells you to leave them alone, you need to cease contact. It doesn’t matter if you don’t think your behavior was harassing; harassment is defined by the victim.
Examples of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Making comments about a person’s appearance, sexual and/or vulgar statements, offensive jokes, or anything disparaging a person’s gender, race, religion, sexuality, identity, et cetera.
- Bullying and discrimination.
- Whistling, catcalling, and any kind of non-consensual flirting or sexual advances.
- Attending a person’s panels solely to heckle them.
- Photographing or recording someone without their permission.
- Exposing oneself or miming sexual acts.
- Any persistent action that creates a hostile environment for the person or persons being targeted – harassment is when a person is feeling harassed, period.
Please report any incidents of harassment as soon as possible. We take all reports very seriously, regardless of who is involved. You can report harassment even if you are not the directly involved, and no retaliation for filing a report will be tolerated.
Harassment by any individual (attendees, guests, volunteers, or staff) should be reported to the moderator in the applicable Twitch channel. If you are not comfortable reporting to the mods, you can report to either the ComfyCozyCon Staff at ComfyCozyCon(at)gmail.com or the Founder, Ashweez Cosplay, at ashweezcosplay(at)gmail.com.
Any violations of our harassment policy will result in immediate penalties dependent upon the severity of the action. Such penalties include:
- Immediate ban from the Twitch stream.
- Banning from any and all future events put on by ComfyCozyCon.
- Contacting law enforcement when appropriate.